Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Babies are Yucky!

Ew! Babies are yucky!!!!! Blah!! Allow me to elaborate...(just a little heads up - this is kind of graphic in a yucky...poopy....kind of way...)

Our morning routine consists of this: Tom wakes up, gets ready. Ella and I drive him to school. Ella and I come home and take a shower, get ready, and do our daily activities. Well, two days ago (Sunday) I was getting Ella into the shower, so I took off her diaper and stood her by the bathtub. A few seconds later I hear these little grunts coming from her direction. I was like, "uh oh!!" I reached down to pick her up and hover her over the toilet, but tooooooo late. Plop Plop! Two little turds on the bathroom floor! I was like, "EW! TOM HURRY COME HERE!" So I hand Tom to her so I can clean up the poop, and I hear little grunts again. I said to Tom, "Hurry! Hover her over the toilet!" He hangs her over the toilet, but a little turd falls and lands on her ankle, so she, of course, rubs it all over her feet! EEWWW!! I don't think we got any poop in the toilet. So I clean up the baby turds off the floor and put her in the tub to wash her off. Yuck. That was two days ago.

Yesterday, I'm getting Ella ready for the shower by myself. I take off her diaper and stand her up in the shower. Little grunts. Oh no! I reach over....toooooo late. More baby plops in the bath. YUCK! So I get a paper towel and flush them down the toilet. I then go to wash her bottom off....more turds....I just washed these ones down the drain. Eeeewww.....Meanwhile, Ella is just laughing away and doing her little grunts. I swear. I think that child knows exactly what she is doing and gets a big kick out of it! EW! Babies are YUCKY!!!!

It's funny, though. During both these poop ordeals, I wasn't nearly as grossed out as I thought I would be. I mean....its poop! And she's on solid foods so it is YUCKY poop! It is poop where you can still tell what she had for dinner the night before! EEEEWWW!!!!! But I was WAY more grossed out by the cockroach in our apartment than picking baby plops out of the bath tub. Go figure. Being a mom desensitizes you a bit, I guess. Blah.

So yeah. I just thought I would spread the cheer of motherhood. :)

3 comments:

K.B. said...

Well I can tell right now she is going to be reeeeeal easy to potty train.

That's hilarious. I think the worst thing about motherhood is when everyone in the house gets sick. Fluids from every orifice and NO ONE to take care of mom when SHE is sick. Ahhhhh, the joys.....

Barbara said...

Sounds like you have quite the little adventures with miss Ella there... :)
I know, i am so excited about Maternity wear.. i've got some stuff already and i want to start showing more so i can wear everything... My belly started to grow but so far for me it looks more like fat than pregnancy... go figure...
Could you sleep alright when your belly started to grow? My back hurts when i sleep flat on my back...

amber {and co.} said...

ah, so much to look forward to... thanks for keeping it real so I don't get too caught up in the fantasy aspect of motherhood! Good thing Ella is so dang cute, otherwise that story would have been really gross :)