Monday, September 29, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
No, she is not wearing a diaper. Yes, she took it off herself. Yes, she crawled to the diaper bag, found a bottle, and proceeded to drink it...diaperless.
Funny baby! Ready to swim!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
We had the Get-To-Know-You Potluck tonight with the Spouses Organization tonight. It was FABULOUS! It had been raining all day and I was totally worried that it was going to pour - and it didn't! YAAAAAY!!! :) The food was great, and the company was too. I think everyone had a good time - at least I hope they did. Here are a few pictures of it...It was very fun.
Also, Ella is starting to walk like a crazy woman! She walks everywhere now! I don't understand why she still crawls, though...hm....maybe it is like a security blanket. She is pretty stinkin' cute, though. I am also uploading a SUPER funny video of her! I don't know if you guys will think its funny...but I totally crack up every time I watch it. Silly girl...
Friday, September 19, 2008
5 things I was doing 10 years ago...
1. Not much, I was only 13!
2. Probably being dramatic and whining about something
3. Probably fighting with my little sisters :)
4. Looking forward to being in high school
5. Practicing the piano a lot
5 things on today's "to do" list...
1. Get stuff ready for the Potluck tonight
2. Shave my legs
3. Call the mailbox to see if my acceptance letter came in
4. Send Megan the song list
5. Try to record some new pieces
5 Snacks I enjoy...
3. Fruit roll ups
4. Coke (I know its not really a snack, but I drink it when I am a little hungry)
5. Onion Rings
5 things I would do if I were a millionaire...
1. Pay off debt (all us dr. wives are boring :))
2. Buy new clothes for Tom, me, and Ella
3. Put most of it in a high interest bank account so we can make some more moolah! :)
4. Install an in-house recording studio
5. Buy a Steinway Classic Concert Grand....*drool* ooooh yeah....
5 places I have lived...
1. Provo, Utah
2. Camarillo, California
3. Vienna, Austria
4. Salt Lake City, Utah
5. Oxnard, California
5 jobs I've had...
1. Calvin Klein salesclerk
2. Wedding dress consultant/salesclerk
3. Instrument salesclerk
4. Personal Assistant
5. Lab technician
5 People who should consider themselves tagged...
1. Amber - again :)
3. Megan F.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
1. I absolutely cannot talk or listen to anyone or anything when there is another sound of some sort going on at the same time. For example, if Tom is trying to talk to me, but the t.v. or radio is on...I only catch about half of what he is telling me. I am absolutely incapable of talking on the phone and listening to the radio or t.v. I cannot even stand when too many people are talking around me because I can't concentrate on anything! Maybe this is a form of ADD? I think it is similar to you, Amber, with the talking on the phone thing ;) Along with this, I tend to FREAK OUT if the radio is on, no one is listening to it...and it starts going staticky. Oh my gosh....I about have a coniption (sp?) until it gets turned off!! How come I'm the only one who notices it?!
2. When I hear music, I play the notes on my invisible piano. When I hear talking, I type the words on my invisible keyboard. So bizarre....I know....maybe that is why I'm such a fast typer, though?? 90+ wpm ;)
3. I'm obsessed with waxing my eye brows. This has diminished since living in the Caribbean where I don't trust many people to do this. In the states, however, I would wax AT LEAST once a month. I always thought unmanicured eye brows looked bushly. Yes, I love getting my eyebrows waxed...it is always worth the pain.
(I'm finding these are harder to think of as I go along...but I know I do some quirky things...maybe I just don't think they are quirky? I'm desensitized!!)
4. I hate to sweat. I know that is a little inconvenient living here in the bowels of Hell. This is the main reason I don't like to excersize is that it makes me sweat. Ew. It is so yucky. I don't mind swimming, though, because you can't feel yourself sweat. Sweating is so gross. Blah.
5. I don't like weather. Yes, you read correctly. I do not like weather. I don't mind the snow, if you can drive away from it. I don't mind the rain, if you don't have to go out in it. I don't like the sun, if it is so hot you sweat. I prefer a balmy 72 degrees with a light breeze....year round. It is too hot in the Caribbean during the summer. It is too cold in Utah in the winter. It is too fluxuating in Chicago year round. That is why I prefer the little nook of Camarillo :) Peeeeerrrrrrfect.
6. Tom will know what I mean about this one: I absolutely have to have a clean house. Not a tidy house. A clean one. I don't care if there is junk everywhere and you can't see the floor....just as long as the floor is clean! Sometimes when I am cleaning the house, I'll pick stuff up...clean underneath it...and then put it right back where it was! It makes my house not look so tidy, but you can guarantee it is clean. That is one of the reasons why I can't stand how our maid cleans (yes, we have a maid...it is in our contract to live where we do). She just kind of tidys and wipes down stuff....I could do that!! I want her to clean clean! haha!! :) Tom is the opposite, though. He HATES clutter...so it works out with the two of us! He'll clean up the clutter, and I'll clean up the real germs! haha!
So yeah, those are the ones I could think of...I'm sure there are more :) Now I tag Tammi, Barbara, Angela, and Lindsay.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
So this post is about our trip home. It consisted of many fun and exciting things. Here are a few pictures from them:
Then we went to Disneyland! WOO HOO!!!! This is us waiting in line for our passes. Ella is pretty excited, too! Yes, that is Kathryn in the background looking lovely as always :) hehehe
After buying Ella the CUTEST Minnie Mouse outfit, she got a little tuckered out and fell asleep in the stroller....so sweet!
We liked the Princess Ears, too, but we didn't get those...just the Minnie Outfit. She was pretty dang good AAAAALLLLL day, too! She liked some of the rides, like Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, and the Jungle Cruises. She didn't really like Space Mountain, though, or Splash Mountain....
Just kidding ;)
This is her in her entire get-up. This is also her Halloween costume this year, so you guys are getting a sneak peak!! :)
All us lovely ladies in front of Cinderella's Castle! Actually, I guess it would be Ella's castle, since that's Cinderella's real name! haha! :) I really do have a princess for a daughter!
So Happy at Disneyland!
After California, we went to Utah for the rest of our break (which was WAY too short, bytheway). While in Utah we went to a Bees baseball game, which was really fun! I don't recommend taking a crawler (Ella) to a baseball game, though....it was a ginormous pain! Tom's mom ended up being out by the concession stands with her almost the entire game! Some people's children...
Later that week we went to this place called i-Fly! It was SOOOO awesome! It's an indoor skydiving place! It was SOOOO awesome! Did I say it was awesome already?? Well, it was SOOOO awesome!!! I highly recommend it to everyone :)
While we were in Utah, we got to eat at some of our favorite American Restaurants: Arby's, Wendy's, Cheesecake Factory, (I had In n Out in California, too...mmmm....). So yummy. We love America!
Anyway, now we are back on the island and doing really well! We're in the swing of things and things are just great!
This semester (and next) I am the President of the Spouses Organization. It's kind of a big deal ;) There are close to fifty members this semester - I think it might be the biggest group ever! I'm not sure though....but there are A LOT! Last semester there was only about 25-30. So yeah, big group this time. We had our Welcome Breakfast this morning, which went REALLY well, I thought! It was fun to see so many new faces, and see all the familiar ones, too! I hope this semester goes really well, there are lots of fun things planned, so I hope people participate.
Last night was the White Coat Ceremony. It was about a bazillion degrees at Bliss, and the food was just so-so. Also, we didn't end up sitting next to anyone we knew, so we were kind of by ourselves, it was a bajillion degrees outside, and Ella was up WAAAAY past her bedtime....needless to say, we didn't stay for very long. It was fun to get dressed up, though! I even got to put Ella in a beautiful fluffy dress! Yay!!! :)
So yeah...that's about it so far! Ella and I went to a pool party this afternoon, too, and I have really cute pictures/videos of her, but you'll just have to wait till next post. I'm getting tired :)
Hope this update is up-to-date enough for all you avid Ella fans! :) haha!!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008