Thursday, November 27, 2008
So I'm sitting there, and all of a sudden Tom slips onto the chair behind me, so now I'm sitting on his lap still trying to find a "ham site" when all of a sudden...
"Are we sinking?....."
We fall to the floor!!!!! The leg of the chair broke out from underneath us!!! Hahaha!!! We were laughing so hard! I told Tom that his big butt was gonna break the chair, but he never listens to me! Hahahah!!!! Good times :)
Our only casualties were Tom scratched his ankle and smooshed his foot. I scratched my foot and hit my butt cheek real hard. Good thing I landed on soft, squishy Tom! Hahahah!!! :)
Anyway, just thought that might give some of you a laugh...
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Sunday afternoon, I performed in a little concert for the master class participants. Most of the partipants played, but I did happen to be the oldest student. I don't care though. It just goes to show that I didn't quit when I was 12 or something. Some of the kids were pretty good...others...not so much. :) Oh well, though. At least they're all playing the piano! Two thumbs WAY up for music lessons! I didn't play super great at the recital, but that's okay. I haven't performed in, like....I do'nt know....3 years?! That's a long time to not perform! It felt good, though. I played the Prelude of Bach's 3rd Englische Suite. It is SUPER hard...so I didn't feel too bad when I messed up a little. Even the teacher said to me, "Wow...always in a rush! Don't rush so much...take it one note at a time...slow down in life..." It was very cute :) You have to imagine that with a heavy Dutch accent. It was so fun!
So that was our fun weekend! This week is going to be fun-filled, too! I have Bubble-Tea tonight, Thanksgiving on Thursday, the SO Thanksgiving party on Friday, and Megans birthday on Saturday! Phew! Busy week! :) I'm excited, too, that Dr. Atchley is GIVING the SO two free turkeys for our party!!!! Talk about COOL! Turkeys are so expensive here!
Well, I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures from Thanksgiving, I'll post those next week!
Friday, November 21, 2008
L = Laura
T = Tom - I had to guess his, so they might not be completely accurate
E = Ella
1. Started your own blog - L
2. Slept under the stars – L&T
3. Played in a band – L
4. Visited Hawaii - L&T
5. Watched a meteor shower - L&T
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland – L&T&E
8. Climbed a mountain – L&T
9. Held a praying mantis – L&T
10. Sang a solo – L
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris - L&T
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - L&T (Does Lake Powell count as a sea?)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning - L&T
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - L
20. Slept on an overnight train - L
21. Had a pillow fight – L&T
22. Hitch hiked - T
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - L&T
24. Built a snow fort - L&T
25. Held a lamb - L
26. Gone skinny dipping - L
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - L&T
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – L&T
31. Hit a home run - T?
32. Been on a cruise - L&T&E
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - L&T
39. Gone rock climbing – L&T
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - L&T
41. Sung karaoke – L
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - L
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - L (dessert?)
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – L&T
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted - L
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - L&T
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - L&T
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – L&T
52. Kissed in the rain – L&T
53. Played in the mud – L&T
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - T
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China - L
57. Started a business - T
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason - L
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - T
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Cam - L
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – T
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square - (Soon!)
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone - T
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle – L&T (Does a scooter count?)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican - L&T
82. Bought a brand new car - Scooter? L&T
83. Walked in Jerusalem - T
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – L&T
85. Read the entire Bible - L&T
86. Visited the White House – T
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox – L&T
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous - L&T
92. Joined a book club - L
93. Lost a loved one - T
94. Had a baby - L
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - yuck!
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone – L&T
99. Been stung by a bee – L&T
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Yes, those are four little Ella-teeth marks. She slammed her teeth into the dresser!!!! SAD!!!!
Friday, November 14, 2008
After horseback riding, we went home and got ready for dinner. We were pretty stinky from the horses and sweating and being in the ocean. So we got ready and went to dinner at Bajatzu in Maho. Wow...so good. I highly recommend it! Mmmm....you even get a salad AND a side with every entree! No free refills, though, unfortunately. :) It was super yummy. It was so nice to sit down and have some one-on-one time with Tom! We sat there and talked for HOURS. It was fabulous :)
This is just a cute picture of Ella :) It doesn't really have anything to do with anything.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
We've been to a Dodgers game in Los Angeles, and a Diamond Backs game in Phoenix, a Bees game in Salt Lake, and a Cubs game in Chicago.
So this is a tribute to being married for four years and all the adventures, laughs, tears, and memories we have shared along the way. My husband is the best husband in the world. He loves me so much, and I love him. There are literally hundreds of reasons why I love Tom. Aside from the fact that he is the most loving, considerate, supportive, wonderful husband ever, here are anther 50 reasons why I love Tom, in no particular order:
- He loves me back.
- He always tries to understand my music mumbo jumbo.
- I have convinced him that Blink 182 is not that great of a band.
- He constantly tries to teach me football mumbo jumbo.
- He used to take Ella to the beach when we first moved here, so I could take a nap because Ella was waking up almost every hour....every night...
- He studies so hard because he wants to do well so our family will have some financial security.
- He opens jars for me that are too hard for me to open.
- He reaches things on the top shelf that I can't reach.
- I can talk with him about anything and we can have ginormous discussions that we disagree with each other on...but we know its just the discussion topic that is different between us.
- He'll sit through four hours of opera and barely even complain about it. BARELY!
- He would do absolutely anything to make me happy.
- He lets me pick out his clothes sometimes.
- He lets me buy shoes...even though I absolutely do NOT need anymore!
- He rewarded my good grades with shoes in college :)
- When I was pregnant, he would go to the store and buy me more fruit snacks or popsicles.
- He opens the door for me.
- He sometimes sings in the silliest voice that makes me smile
- He rubs my back and plays with my hair
- He does the sweetest, most thoughtful things when I least expect it.
- He stands up for me to anyone else no matter what, even if I'm wrong...but then later explains to me why I shouldn't have been doing what I was doing!
- I can cry on his shoulder.
- He is so strong in the gospel that sometimes I can lean on him for support...especially down here...
- We can laugh about how crappy things are till our eyes tear up.
- Sometimes he teases and tickles me until the wee hours of the morning.
- He deals with my temper tantrums and tizzy fits with just smiles and nods.
- He'll go shopping with me...even if its torture.
- We can talk about anything for hours.
- He is Mr. Fix-it with everything. He's pretty good at it, too...except the computer :) hehehe
- He isn't afraid to get his hands dirty doing manly man stuff, but can be just as metro when needed.
- He is so stinkin' smart, but isn't big-headed about it.
- He makes me laugh and smile more than anyone.
- He gives the best hugs and kisses.
- He manscapes for me.
- He does a victory dance when he beats me at cards...it kind of makes me want to punch him...but its just so stinkin' cute :)
- He can be just as competitive as me.
- He deals with my selfishness and is slowly teaching me to think of others before myself.
- He teaches me how to be a better person in all aspects of things.
- He helps keep me motivated in whatever I need motivation in.
- He supports all the things I do and totally helps me do whatever I need to do.
- He is such a good parent to Ella.
- He changes poopie diapers with minimal complaining (NO complaints now, actually, since the poop in the crib episode)
- He loves to cuddle as much as I do.
- Whenever I do something real dumb, he totally puts up with me and doesn't make me feel too stupid :)
- He loves to listen to me play the piano and loves listening to the songs I've written...even if they're crappy.
- He tells me I'm cute all the time.
- If its something really important to me, he lets me do whatever I want: wedding planning, baby decorations planning, etc.
- He will take the back seat to my over-dominating-sometimes-aggressive personality.
- He doesnt' think I'm too loud.
- He has the best bear-paw hands to hold.
- He's just so darn good-lookin' I can't keep my eyes off him.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
I voted YES on Proposition 8. Let me give you a few points why:
- Because I don't want my children taught in school that a man who is married to a man, or a woman married to a woman is a family. Call me a traditionalist, but its been working so far, hasn't it??
- Because I am religious and I believe in God and the Bible and the Bible gives a big, fat, "NO" to same sex relations. Period.
- Because we live in a democracy where I can have my own opinion.
- Because I want the family unit to be protected. Yes, the family unit as a mom, a dad, and maybe some kids. The family unit is the core of society, and if we lose that....well...we don't have much else. A family is a core unit with certain roles to be filled. Isn't just two people who happen to love each other. That is a "couple". A family is much, much more than that.
- Because I can't believe the Supreme Court overturned a decision that the people of California already voted on! That's a little too much power I think.
-Because 50, even 20, years ago, this would not have even been an issue. I'm sure our grandparents are shocked.
Things that make me upset that Prop 8 is even an issue:
- We already voted on it. Duh. It shouldn't be coming up again so soon.
- People need to read their Bibles. I can't believe people who say they are religious are voting No on this. God gave certain commandments, did He not?? I don't think they are optional - stand up for it.
- I'm disappointed that conservatives are targeted for being bigots. I thought we all had rights to our own opinions? Hmm???
-While I'm flattered that people are making such a big deal about the LDS church involvement with this - I didn't think people would be so threatened by our church - I'm a little disappointed that other churches aren't doing more.
Now realize that just because I voted YES on Prop 8, doesn't mean I'm a hater. I like lots of people who strongly believe in voting NO on Prop 8, but that doesn't necessarily mean I have to like their decisions. If I had a good friend that picked their nose, they would still be my friend, but I wouldn't like that they picked their nose! I also don't care what people do behind closed doors, but that's where it should stay: behind closed doors! I don't feel it is appropriate to push your beliefs on me or my children, especially with something that is so personal and private. I definately do NOT feel they should be teaching sexual preferences in school either - that is a personal decision and I don't want any public school telling my child their personal beliefs. Teachers are not allowed to give political preferences in school, why should they give sexual preferences????
I believe society as a whole to be somewhat conservative. I think the media and the loud minority make it seem like it is much more liberal. This is the time where people need to stand up for what they believe in, irregardless of what people may think of them. I'm sick of people pushing my beliefs around and telling me I'm a bigot for feeling what I feel. Why does being a conservative make me a bigot? Should I call you a destroyer of society because you are liberal? No. We all have our opinions and it should be equally fair to voice all of them. I think that conservatives get the short end of the stick on this, but don't be afraid to tell people what you think! Go Team Conservative!!! :)
Saturday, November 1, 2008
This year, though, she had a costume and everything! She was Minnie Mouse with ears and everything :) She was SO cute! We bought the costume at Disneyland when we were in California and I dressed her in it at the park and everything. It was very cute.
We went to the Spouses Org. Halloween Party that was arranged by Lacey, Angela, and Jenni. Wow - it was SO FUN! I had a really good time! The food was good, the decorations were cute, and the games were fun, too! I have to say, I'm impressed with the potluck food from these girls. Back home, the potlucks were always sketchy 'cause people made weird casseroles and stuff. Here, everyone really does make their best dishes! Mmmmmm......
Anyway, at the Halloween Party, there were games like Pumpkin Darts, Musical Chairs, Make Your Own Halloween Necklace, and Guess How Much Candy is In The Jar - which Tom won, bytheway...yes...he won 325 pieces of bubble gum! We shared some with the Fentons :)
This is Ella checking out Luke and Kathy's baby, Lilly. I know, such a cute costume! Ella was obsessed with her! She kept running over and poking her in the face and just looking and talking to her! It was very cute, but I was worried she was going to wake her up! Don't even tell me that Ella wants a little sister....not gonna happen for a while. I'm not even THINKING about it until Ella is potty trained!!! (Refer to previous post)
Tom didn't want to dress up 'cause he is a big party poop, but I dressed up like a Gypsy. I didn't have a costume or anything, I just kind of put it together myself. It was kinda dorky, but I like dressing up for Halloween.....until I got to the party and saw that none of the other parents dressed up! I felt like such a nerd! Oh well....if everyone else wants to be party poopers...they can. :) Haha!
After all the games and stuff we went out in the parking lot and did Trunk-or-Treating. It was cute! Everyone decorated their trunk with Halloween stuff, it was very cute. The good thing about having not very many kids trunk-or-treating is the parents have to get rid of all their candy, so they give away handfuls at a time! Haha! :) Ella was cute. Every time I would say, "Trick-or-treat!" She would wave! Hahaha! :) Little sweetie pie.
Anyway, Halloween was super fun and I'm sad its over! Now, I guess we can look forward to the Thanksgiving Potluck! Two thumbs up for Halloween and the Spouses Organization!