Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What a day!

February 5, 2008

Well, today was pretty exhausting. So, Tuesday has become our grocery shopping day. So I picked up Amy around 9:30 and our first stop was to get gas in the car. All the gas stations are full service, so it is nice that you never have to get out of the car. Well, when we pulled into the Texaco station, the lady was like, “Your car is smoking out the front.” We definitely drive a little hunk of junk, so I wasn’t toooooo surprised. I get out and pop the hood, but we don’t see anything. She says that it probably needs more coolant because it is overheating. So I pay the $9 for the coolant, and then we find out that both coolant containers are full. Fabulous. So I call the car rental guy, Arthur, and tell him that the car was smoking. He asked if we could get a ride back home so he can send his mechanic out to look at it. I tell him that we can…but we ended up not being able to get a hold of anyone: all the moms were at the zoo, and Camille had her car stuck behind where they just laid cement! Soooo, I called Arthur back and told him we would just wait by the car. So we went into this super cute little restaurant and drank some super yummy fruit punch while we waited for the mechanic.

When the mechanic finally came, he popped the hood, looked at it, and said it was fine. I said, “Are you serious? Are you sure? It was smoking?” He said, “No, no, its fine.” *Rolling eyes* So we get in the car and start our grocery shopping trip again. Amy had to go to the post office, so we stop there, but there were 19 people in line! Things don’t go very quickly here on the island, so who knows how long that was going to take. Amy came back to the car and said she would go later. Of course, right when we pull out of the parking spot and into the road – the bridge goes up. Faaaaabulous. So we waited in the car for a little over 20 minutes for the stupid bridge to go back down.

Aaaanyway, we drive to the Cost-U-Less and start our shopping. When we went to the Grande Marche, Arthur calls back and says that he wants his other mechanic to look at it, so just wait there because he’s on his way. So we wait at the Grande Marche and the other mechanic comes, pops the hood, tightens some screws, and says its fine. I swear…these people. So, yeah, then we tried to go to the post office again, but now there are 25 people in line! Can you believe? Then we went to The Mailbox to buy stamps, but the lady says you can’t buy stamps at the Mailbox, only at the post office!? What is wrong with these people! Wow…

By the time we were done with all of this, it was almost 1:00. Yes, it took us from 9:30 to 1:00 to do our grocery shopping. Fabulous, I know. So we went to Amy’s and got into our swimsuits and headed over to the Tradewinds Complex to have a little “pool party” with some of the other girls. It was okay. I kind of feel like I don’t have much in common with the girls just because I have a baby. I don’t mean to talk about her so much, but there just really isn’t anything else going on in my life right now. I also have a hard time butting in the conversation, even if I have something to say…I think I’m just a little intimidated by the other girls. They’re all so cute and all like to do the same things…and I’m just at home with Ella. It’s weird being in that situation, but oh well. They’re nice and I like them, so maybe its just me.

After we swam for a while, we went and picked Tom up from school. Bytheway, Ella was an ANGEL the whoooooole day! Even when we were waiting in the hot car, she didn’t even cry! Thank you, baby Ella! So now we are sitting in the apartment watching The Weakest Link while Tom studies. Ella is asleep – thank goodness! And I’m posting up a blog. It has been a loooooooooooong day and I am exhausted! Ella was up a lot last night, which always makes me cranky in the morning. It helps to have Amy along with me, especially today when the car broke down! I probably would have started crying because I was so frustrated, and hot, and annoyed, but she is always so happy and pleasant that it made it quite enjoyable actually – and that fruit punch was REALLY good! J

Well, tomorrow is “movie night” and my apartment. We are going to watch the Lord of the Rings series over the next couple weeks, then the Pirates of the Caribbean, then Harry Potter, and Grey’s Anatomy, and The Office, etc. We have quite the collection to go through. J I’m so glad that I have some friends to hang out with that don’t mind having Ella around!

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow isn’t as eventful as today. I can only handle one day like that a week! Haha! J

No comments: