Saturday, February 9, 2008

Productive Day!

February 9, 2008

I haven’t written in a while because nothing really has been going on until today. J Wednesday I sat at home with Ella while Tom studied all day. Thursday I did the same thing. Friday we had dinner with Amy and Eli. Amy tried to make this Thai food…the flavor was pretty good, but the noodles were pretty soggy J It was kind of funny. The rice was good, though! And so was the crystal light! Haha! :) That’s okay, its better to try than to not try at all, right?

Anyway, this morning was “Beach A Week” and we all went to Mullet Beach. It was pretty fun! We were there for a couple hours, and Ella actually slept for most of the time! That was very nice, I even got to get in the water for a while. I love it when she sleeps for a looooong time without waking up every fifteen minutes! Sheesh…

After the beach, Amy, Camille, and I went grocery shopping together. It was very fun! We went to a little baby store called “0-14” to look at bouncing chairs for Ella and a highchair. They were pretty expensive, so we might have to wait until the next check! It is good to know they have everything I was looking for, though. After the baby store we went and got the car engine washed. Yes, the engine. Apparently, Arthur (the car rental owner guy) said that the car was smoking the other day from oil spilling on the engine…and that we had to get it washed *rolling eyes*. So we did. I also got it vacuumed and the guy did a FABULOUS job and it only cost $10! I finally found something cheap on the island!! Woohoo! I was worried I was going to have to vacuum the car out myself *groan*, but I didn’t! So that was good J I gave him a big tip ‘cause he did such a good job.

Anyway, after the car place, we went to the Grande Marche in ColeBay and they actually had pepperoni’s! I was very excited J Then we stopped by The Mailbox to pay our internet bill, then dropped Camille off, then went home. We did all of that in LESS than four hours! Can you believe that?!?!!?!! We didn’t get caught behind the bridge, or stuck in traffic ONCE! It was AMAZING!!!!! I seriously thought it was going to take us a good 6 hours to get all that done – we even left the beach EARLY! But nope! We made DANG GOOD TIME!!!! J It was very fun having Amy and Camille along. Camille held Ella the WHOLE time and she didn’t cry AT ALL! Yay for friends that like babies!!!

After that entire escapade, we had Amy and Eli over for dinner and I made “Grandpa’s Pizza”. Yeah, that was pretty dang good, too. It’s pretty much my specialty J I had pepperoni and fresh pineapple on one of them, and it was super good. Even Tom liked it, and he doesn’t like pineapple on pizza. So I was very pleased J Then we watched Bruce Almighty, which is always funny. Overall, it was a pretty productive day. Where was Tom during all of this? Studying. From 10:00a.m. until 5:15p.m. and now he is back at it until probably around 11:00p.m. I am trying to keep him motivated. I’m sure he’s ready, though. He is so smart and did really well on his last quiz. I’m sure he’ll do great. All the other girls husbands have their noses stuck in the books, too. It’s good, though – that’s what we’re here for!

Anyway, that’s about all for today. I’ll write more when more exciting things happen!!

No comments: