Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mothers Day...

We didn't really celebrate Mothers Day this year. My mom was in town, so instead we just slept in and went to church instead of making a big breakfast or anything. Mother's Day kind of snuck up on us...

Anyway, we went to church at 9:00. We were a little worried because we thought we were going to be late. We pulled up to the church around 9:05 and everyone was outside in the parking lot. We were thinking, "Weird...did someone forget the keys to unlock the building?"

As we parked, we noticed that the parking lot was wet....but it hadn't been raining...then we looked inside the building!

Oh goodness! A FLOOD! INSIDE THE CHURCH!!

The entire church building was FLOODED! We're talking INCHES of water filling the entire church building. Good thing it is tile, right??

Apparently, someone forgot to turn off the baptismal font the night before and it had been running all night! It was quite the adventure, so all the men started mopping and sweeping the water out the front door. We ended up starting church around 9:45 and just had shorter classes. I guess we didn't need to be worried about being late after all ;)

I wish I had pictures, but of course it was the one day I don't have my camera on me. Hopefully I can get some from Sister Oliver, though. :) Pictures to come hopefully...

2 comments:

Jay & Tammi Roberts said...

Seriously?! It is a great thing that you have tile, that would have been a disaster! I hope you had a great mothers day! Miss you tons!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! That's awful. And hilarious. I hope there wasn't any damage. You guys are great for staying. I probably would have called that a freebie. :)