Friday, May 22, 2009

A Day in the Life of....

My child.

Since my mom and sister were sleeping in Ella's room, we moved her crib into our room. We had it positioned in between the closet and the door....the furthest away from us we could get her. She is a VERY light sleeper and always wakes up if she is sleeping right next to me.

So we put her down for a nap and a couple minutes later we heard her giggling and laughing for a few minutes, then was silent. So I figured she finally went to sleep....

Two hours later....she woke up....

....starting crying to be taken out of her crib....

...and this is what I opened the door to.....


In case you can't tell....Ella had found a box of pens/markers/highlighters in the closet....pulled them out and proceeded to graffiti all over herself, her pillow, and her sheets!

An example of Ella Art....poop and markers....I think I would rather than markers...even though it stains! Ha!
Her legs were COVERED in brown marker, not poop, FYI. Her face was covered in orange high lighter....it was lovely. My mom and sister got a big kick out of it :)

Sometimes being a kid is just....messy! :)

3 comments:

Andrea Tao said...

HA!! I love it! Our kids would be best friends!!

Alicia and Roger said...

Bahahaha! I love stories about Ella! So so funny!

Katie said...

I'm glad you told me it wasn't poop. That was my first thought. Ya, we've had some sad encounters with writing utensils as well. Are walls are much the worse for toddlers.