Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Single Mother...

Yes. I am officially a single mother starting two days ago (Monday) and on through the 18th. I am a single mother that happens to be sleeping in the same bed as a med student! Haha! :)

This week is study time for Block 3 Exams, which will be on Monday....then next week is study time for Finals, which is the NEXT Monday. *sigh* So far our schedules consist of this:

Tom:
7:00a.m. Wake up
7:40a.m. Leave for School
8:00-11:30a.m. Class
11:30-12:00 p.m. LUNCH
12:00-6:00p.m. Study
6:00-6:45p.m. Dinner with Laura and Ella
6:45-10:00p.m. Study

Yep...that's right....8:00a.m.-10:00p.m. Tom is at school

Ella:
7:30 Wake up
8:00 Breakfast
8:45 Bath
PLAY TIME
10:00-12:00 Nap
12:00 Lunch (and sometimes a second bath, depending on what Lunch is!)
PLAY TIME
3:30-5:00 Nap
6:00 Dinner time with Dad!
PLAY TIME
8:00 Bed time

Me:
7:00 Wake up
7:15 Make Tom's lunch
8:30 Feed Ella
8:45 Bathe ella
10:00 Put Ella down for a nap
wait for ella to wake up...
12:00 Feed Ella
12:15 Bath again, if necessary
play with ella
3:30 Tired of playing, baby is fussy - down for nap
wait for Ella to wake up....
5:00 Get Ella ready for dinner...
6:00 DINNER WITH DAD!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!
6:45 go home from dinner....without dad :(
8:00 Put Ella down to bed
wait for ten o'clock to roll by....
10:00 PICK UP DAD!!!!! :)

I have a feeling it will be a loooooooooooooooooooong two weeks!

:)

5 comments:

K.B. said...

Ohhhhhh, but it will be sooooo worth it in the end:)

In the meantime THAT STINKS!!!

Do you go down to the school with Ella for dinner? That's pretty cool.

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

yeah, i usually either bring him lunch or we'll go get something to eat together. At least I get to see him for a few hours, right! :) Poor Tom only gets to see Ella for about an hour a day!

K.B. said...

How far away is his school?

I need your address. James came home from school today and asked, "Mom where does someone in our family live that's the farthest away?" I said..."Uhhh, that's definately Laura!!!" Email it to me when you get a chance. Thanks.

amber {and co.} said...

Oh Laura I'm sorry, being away from your hubby is the worst! But props to Tom for being so dedicated, and to you for being such a good single mommy! it will be worth it! You can always email me to vent and I'll understand :)

amber {and co.} said...

oh and you're right, I'm sorry I'm sorry, I really do need to do another post! Kristi is here this week so I promise to do one as soon as she leaves :)