Thursday, December 11, 2008

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day....

That was my day yesterday. I didn't want to post about it, then, though 'cause I thought I might cry. That is why I did the Christmas post instead...ya know...try and brighten things up a bit :)

So let me tell you why my day was terrible, horrible, no good, and a very bad day.

I drove into Philipsburg to meet with this lady, Bernadine, because she is giving me a job as a piano teacher. I met with her and went to her house to look at her music studio. I will start working in January on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4-6 teaching piano lessons. Suh-weet! It pays REALLY well, too, so I have a feeling that I will be saying good bye to ICM!

Her place was waaaay into the mountains into a kind of local, scary area, so we drove her car. I parked my car in one of the free parking spots across the street from the Police Station. We were gone about an hour and a half or so, and when she dropped me off, I noticed there was a car parked directly behind my car, so I couldn't back out AT ALL! I was like, "what?!" I had some othe errands to run, so I thought I would do those, and maybe the car would be gone when I got back. I have Ella during all of this, too, mind you. Oh, and at Bernadine's house, her place is NOT baby proof at all, so the whole time I was chasing her around and trying ot keep her happy. That is SO tiring and gets REALLY frustrating. So keep in mind my mindset already.

Because we are leaving so soon, I cleaned out the car that morning and took out Ella's stroller 'cause I didn't think I would need it at all. Of course. So now I'm stuck walking all over Philipsburg CARRYING Ella! She is over 20 pounds and that is HEAVY to carry after a while! Ugh. So I walk all the way down to Rima's for some last minute Christmas shopping. On the way back, Ella wants to walk. So she walked the whole way by herself! She is so sweet :)

Anyway, I get back to my car, and there is still that stupid white car parked behind me. So I figure, "Oh! I'm right next to the police station, they're supposed to help people...maybe they can help me???" I go inside, tell the guy the situation and he is like, "UGH, well you probably parked somewhere you weren't supposed to!!!" And I said, "I didn't see any signs or anything??" And he says, "Well, did you get the number off the plates?" I said, "no?" And he goes, "*SIGH* WELL??!!!" I was like, "Uh....I'll go get them...." So I walk BACK out to the stupid parking lot and get the numbers: M 7058 (so if any of you see the owner....DONT PARK BY THEM!) adn go back inside and give them to the guy. He says, "Yeah, that's a police officers car, you're just going to have to wait till he gets back." I give him this look of "Uh...okay...when's that gonna be." And he's like, "He shoudl be back in half an hour." Great. So then, because obviously TELLING me how stupid I am isn't enough. He makes me follow him back to the parking lot where he points to the signs (which are handicapped signs) and says, "SEE??? YOU CANT PARK THERE!" I said, "Those are handicapped signs! I didn't park there! I'm parked NEXT to them!" And he says, "Those are POLICE parkings! Didn't you see the NP on the ground??"

Okay. I probably should've noticed the NP, but come on! It's high season, I was trying ot meet this lady, Ella is screaming in the back seat, there are NO parking spots ANYWHERE and I finally see one I can squeeze into! UGH!

So I go BACK into the police station and waited for half an hour for the stupid car to get moved. The guy finally comes, and as we're walking out to the car, it starts POURING rain. UGH!!!!! After all of this, I STILL had to run a bunch of errands. I coulda killed someone.....

I ran all my errands and get home and find out that our a/c isn't going to be able to be fixed when it was scheduled. We have been without air now for a whole week and there isn't even a schedule date of being fixed. It's kind of a long story with lots of drama between the home owners association guy, Robert, and the company manager, Anthony. It's kind of interesting, except we're stuck in the middle. Grrr....I'll keep you updated on this. Cross your fingers our air gets fixed soon. It hasn't been too hot, but we don't want to sleep with the doors open at night: no screens, rats, cockroaches have been a problem. And poor Ella is completely drenched in sweat when we pick her up out of her crib in the mornings :(

Only four more days...*sigh*

4 comments:

K.B. said...

...so it's okay for THEM to park BEHIND another car??? AHHHHHH!!!!

The Conway's said...

Sorry to hear about your bad day! You'll be home faster than you know it...try and remember all the good things you'll have in 4 days to help get you through!

Katie said...

Bummer. Sorry about that. It sounds pretty sucky.

Hope today was better!

amber {and co.} said...

boo for yucky days!!! Stupid police don't seem very helpful down there... you should have left a nasty note on the windshield :) Hope things are better now that youre in the states! yay!